Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Did they go to the zoo? Supposubly.*

Over the weekend I was in sunny, but chilly San Diego for the 2007 IABC Leadership Institute. Since I am the chair of the US Southern Region, my schedule was jam packed with meetings, networking and idea sharing, but I had a chance to get out and enjoy the city a bit too. Congratulations to my friends Tammie and Dan for being named IABC's Regional Volunteers of the Year. A very well deserved recognition!



I spent Saturday afternoon at the wonderful San Diego Zoo with my friend and fellow board member, Carol. Since we only had a couple of hours, it was a bit of a whirlwind tour, but we still got to see most of the animals we wanted to see. The only disappointment is that the big cats were doing what most cats do, they had found a sunny spot and were sleeping the afternoon away. Unfortunately, the sunny spots weren't in good viewing areas. But other animals didn't disappoint...


Monkey!



Baby Pandas are so cute.



And big pandas are pretty darn cute too. Bamboo sure is tasty.

This duck has a really pretty blue bill. Unfortunately, he didn't want to sit still for a photo.

I just couldn't resist.

This is some sort of wild cat from Africa, but it really looks like someone dropped their tabby cat off at the zoo. If I ever get tired of my kitties, now I know where to take them.

*If you're not a fan of Friends, then the title of this post probably makes no sense to you, but to me, it makes me laugh every time I hear it. I can't go to the zoo without hearing Joey say that line in my head. It's a word snob thing.

No comments: