Thursday, August 28, 2008

Have I really been gone this long?

Over the last 10 days, I have been in Des Moines, Kansas City and Calgary, with brief stops at home in Denver. That much traveling tends to put a crimp in my blogging style. But I'm back and I have photos!

First, I never posted the photo of the finished yarn I sent to Janice for her Team in Training fundraiser drawing. I love how this yarn turned out.

IMG_0437

It's about 370 yards of light sportweight yarn. Perfect for a pair of socks.

IMG_0439

I was able to sneak in a trip to Des Moines for my annual pilgrimage to the Iowa State Fair. Linda, Megan and I had a wonderful day.

We saw the big pig...

IMG_0449

and the big ram...

IMG_0448

and a baby miniature donkey.

IMG_0451

Megan was a farmer...

IMG_0454

twice.
IMG_0453

We saw the Budweiser Clydesdales. They are so gorgeous.

IMG_0457

Their dalmation has the best seat in the house.

IMG_0459

And this photo needs a bit more explanation

IMG_0463

This is the llama costume competition. The goal of the competition is to cover as much of your llama as possible to show the trust between the handler and the llama. Many of them had their entire face covered and several were even wearing stockings. Very interesting.

A good day was had by all.

IMG_0461

The next day, Linda and I broke out the Kool-Aid and yarn and did a bit of dyeing.

IMG_0469

IMG_0468

I'm really excited to spin this
IMG_0466

The color is basically on the outside of the fiber, so there will be a lot more white than it appears on the outside. It will probably be either really cool or a complete disaster. It will be a fun spin no matter what.

I didn't do a good job of taking photos in KC or Calgary. There's nothing to show - you'll just have to believe me when I said I was there.

The kitties were obviously upset that I was away.

IMG_0420

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You've been busy!! The yarn looks fun, but I do have to say, poor llamas!!! :) Have a good day!! Miss ya!