Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fluffy Kittens!

I'm afraid I might have driven away some of my readers with the tarantula photo in the last post so I will start with one of the most photogenic kittens in the world.

IMG_0617

I promise that there aren't any more giant spider photos planned for this blog for the foreseeable future.

It has started to fee like winter here so I've been taking advantage of the cold and getting a lot of spinning done. We worked on 3-ply in my spinning class at Shuttles, so I've been having fun practicing that skill.

This is superwash merino from Funky Carolina

IMG_0612

And this is BFL from Spindlefrog - a gift from my swap pal Holly.

IMG_0631

Today I started working on another 3-ply yarn using some superwash merino that Stacy from Tempted Yarns dyed for me in the Fiesta colorway. I can't wait to ply this.

IMG_0618

IMG_0624

I'm starting to amass quite the handspun collection. I'm considering opening an Etsy shop so some of it might get knitted in my lifetime.

The weatherman is predicting snow tonight. Ugh! October is way to early for snow!

I'll end this post on a positive note with more photos of the most photogenic kitten in the world. These are the many faces of Purl.

IMG_0544

IMG_0547

IMG_0546

IMG_0543

2 comments:

TheRascalKing said...

Purl is very cute. One of those pictures almost looks like she's praying to ceiling cat.

And as far as snow, send some Bartlesville way!

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed, your spinning skills are amazing!!! I love the 'Fiesta' can't wait to see the yarn. Can't wait to see you!!!