Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And I'm Back...

After a long blog hiatus, it's time to start blogging again. This weekend Linda, Mary, Phil and I spent a long weekend in Steamboat Springs. We all had a wonderful time - it was a relaxing getaway. We did some hiking, knitting, cooking and watched the final stages of the Tour de France and a few too many episodes of the Deadliest Catch. We even made it to a rodeo. Here's some photos from the trip:

Hiking at Fish Creek Falls

IMG_1100

IMG_1105

IMG_1107

A night at the rodeo

IMG_1109

Riding the lift to the alpine slide

IMG_1111

IMG_1118

IMG_1119

Heading down the alpine slide

IMG_1124

IMG_1125

We survived the slide! Mary and I capped off the weekend with a night out at Red Rocks Amphitheater to see Lyle Lovett and his Large Band play an amazing show. I can't wait until he comes back to Denver next year. To see more photos of the weekend, visit Mary and Phil's blog.

Coming soon - more random photos, a recipe and possibly even some knitting and spinning progress!
But for now, I'll leave you with a kitty photo.

IMG_0810

I think Xena disapproves of my lack of blogging.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Welcome back roomie! ZOMGosh you're braver than I am going up that ski lift - I can only go in one if it's enclosed (waves wimp flag here)

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous pics!!! Can't get those pics in Houston! I plan to call you soon to catch up. I miss talking to you! Oh and Andrea finds out tomorrow whether she's having a girl or a boy!