Monday, July 4, 2011

WOW!

In just one week, we have raised more than $3,000 for The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Colorado! WOW! Thank you do everyone who has made a donation, donated a prize and spread the word. You're all a part of Team Cupcake Mafia!

Just a reminder, here's how to donate:

If you live in the U.S. here's how to make a donation to Make-A-Wish:

Click Here to visit the Denver Oyster donation site.
Select City: Denver
Select Team: Cupcake Mafia
Team Member: Lynn Zimmerman
Then, complete the rest of the form with your donation amount and contact information.
I will receive an email with your donation amount. With a $5 donation, you will receive the My Wish shawl pattern designed by Laura Linneman. I will email you the pattern and enter you in the drawing. For every $10 you donate, you will receive one entry in the prize drawing that will be held at the end of August.

If you live outside of the U.S., you can make your $5 donation for the My Wish pattern on Ravelry. If you would like to make a larger donation, please send me an email at LynnATlynnzimmDOTcom.

NEW PRIZES!!!

Your donation of $10 will get you the My Wish pattern and one entry into the drawing for these and the other fantastic prizes, unless otherwise noted, and you'll receive one additional entry for every $10 donated.

1. Two skeins of Sock Hop Yarn from Crown Mountain Farms in the Free Bird colorway donated by Tonia.



2. A pattern of the donor's choice (up to a $10 value) donated by Erin from the MommyNeedsYarn videocast.

3. A skein of Wollmeise 100% SW Merino in the Maus Jung Colorway, donated by Diane from the Knitabulls Audio Podcast and Video podcast.




4. A gorgeous hand knit Little Shells shawl knitted in Sundara Silk Sport yarn, donated by Diane from the Knitabulls Audio Podcast and Video podcast.



You can see the rest of the prizes here.

In my last post, I announced that Carin had generously donated the My Wish Shawl she test knit using her handspun and Wollmeise. Here is a photo of this gorgeous shawl.



And finally, I'm making progress on the first of the five skeins of handspun I'm spinning for the prizes. This is the Polwarth wool from the Woolgatherings fiber club. It's going to be a 2-ply fingering weight yarn - perfect for a pair of socks or a small shawl.



I really can't say thank you enough to everyone who has supported my fundraising efforts. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll share with you Ashford's reaction to the news that we had broken $3,000.

DSC01834

There was much celebrating at Chez LynnZimm.

2 comments:

lsirbuly said...

Thanks for you letter after I donated. You are doing such a fantastic job. I look forward to receiving the pattern.

Thanks, Linda

Lynn said...

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your donation. I have been emailing out the patterns right after I receive the confirmation email that a donation has been made. I should be up-to-date with all of the donations that have been made through tonight. If you have not received an email from me with the pattern, send me a note at lynnATlynnzimmDOTcom and I'll check to see why you haven't received it yet.

Thanks!
Lynn