Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The race is on

You wouldn't think that buying yarn would be a full contact sport, but last night I discovered it can be pretty cutthroat. For my birthday, my sister and her family bought me a gift certificate for a really cool online yarn shop called The Loopy Ewe. They specialize in sock yarn, my latest obsession, and they carry brands of yarn that are made just for the shop. She received a big shipment of yarn last week and her blog promised that the store would be updated last night between 8-9 p.m. When I got online, I was not disappointed, and there were a lot of other people who were just as excited. It was a mad dash to look through all of the new, beautiful skeins of yarn in every color scheme imaginable, and decide what to order before it all sold out. I'm very excited to receive my package in the next few days. I'll post photos as soon as it arrives.

No comments: