Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just think of this as my Christmas letter...

Since the chances of me sending one out are zilch.
So much has happened since my last post, which was, um, before Thanksgiving. I'm a busy girl, what can I say?
On the house front, much progress has been made. I spent most of the week after Thanksgiving back in Bartlesville packing up my house and sending most of my belongings off in a big moving truck for a tour of Texas and Kansas before getting put in storage until that exciting day where I get to move into my new townhouse. The trip to Bartlesville was bittersweet. I'm so happy with my move so far, but I had a good life in Oklahoma. I had a fantastic job, amazing friends, and I loved my little house. I have some great memories. I know I'll go back to visit and I can't wait for my friends to come visit me in Colorado. We closed on the house in Bville on Dec. 3.
The best news I've received this month is my closing date for the new townhouse. Jan. 23 is my final walkthrough, and Jan. 30 is the big moving day. It's later than I had hoped, but it's a date, and that's all that matters! I try to stalk, I mean, drive by at least once a week to see the progress that's being made. They seem to be doing
more work on the inside than the out, but the outside is surrounded by scaffolding and the brick is stacked just waiting to be put on the side of the house.
With the first half of the house selling/buying completed, I really don't have anything to do but enjoy the Colorado winter. A couple of weeks ago, Gina and I went to a park in Boulder to test out our snowshoes.

DSC01555

It was a beautiful snowy day.

DSC01564

Then last weekend, we went up to Breckenridge to see if we remembered how to ski. It was fun, but it was COLD. The wind was blowing up the mountain. Brrr. I can't wait to go again! It's just so amazing to be able to be at my house, and two hours later be on the ski slopes. I love it!

I've been making some progress on my knitting projects (see my new progress bars on the right? Now, you can follow along at home!). I finished the Fiesta socks and they are so much fun to wear. I love the way they turned out.

DSC01576

And I also finished one of the Rainbow socks. The other one will get started after Christmas.

DSC01568

Over Thanksgiving, Linda and I dyed some more yarn. Here's a couple of our works of art. Can you tell I really liked the color of lemon lime Kool Aid? So pretty.

DSC01570

DSC01569

And I'll leave you with Purl. She's been feeling the holiday spirit lately.

Purl the Pink Nosed Reindeer

Photo 58

Ashford says, "Bah Humbug!"

Photo 57

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing there!! Did you cut your hair?
I can't wait to see pics of the new house! OH oH I got our little surprise done and need to send you a pic. Yeah luv ya and miss ya Stacy