Thursday, February 28, 2008

The view from my balcony

I still have to remind myself that I actually get paid to live in Colorado. I love the clear days when the mountains come out and have a crystal clear blue sky behind them. It takes my breath away every time I see them. When I was house shopping I knew that buying a place with a mountain view would be a bit out of my price range. But, somehow, I was lucky enough to get one.

This is the view from my balcony

DSC01782

But so is this

DSC01784

And when I moved in two weeks ago, that was just a pile of dirt. Within a few months, it will look like this.

DSC01785

But until then, I am living in prime real estate.

The kitties even line up to see the view.

DSC01787

The kitties are also very happy that the movers brought their bunk bed.

DSC01769

And I'm happy because I finally finished a pair of socks. I have finished several single socks recently, only to be distracted by another skein of yarn instead of casting on for the twin, so it's nice to have something that I'll actually be able to wear.

DSC01779

This is Cookie A's Monkey pattern, but instead of purling, I knit all the stitches. I stole the idea from someone on Ravelry, and I really like how it looks with the modification. The yarn is my friend Stacy's Tempted Good Grrl in the Twilight colorway. She's a yarn dyeing rock star.

Speaking of Stacy, a surprise arrived in my mailbox the other day. She sent me these absolutely adorable kitty stitch markers. She also sent me some other things, but we'll save that for another day!

DSC01795

1 comment:

Julie in Texas said...

Love the view! Absolutely beautiful. Your socks are great. I am doing just straight Monkey. I wish I had thought to do them "no purl". I hate to purl! Though the pattern is going fairly quickly. I am doing them in Tempted "Roxanne". Love them! I am hoping to have them ready for Spring Fling.

I almost have your package ready to send...so exciting!

By the way it is snowing here right now! 76 degrees yesterday and snow today...gotta love Texas. Tomorrow it will be back in the 50's.