Monday, November 17, 2008

Visiting Friends

I spent last weekend in Bartlesville to visit my friends. I was able to see almost everyone I wanted to see, and had some tasty meals at some of my favorite restaurants.

I had dinner with my friends Andrea and Jennifer

IMG_0701

I spent an afternoon catching up and knitting with Stacy from Tempted. I didn't get any photos of her or her amazing yarn and fiber, but I did get a photo of me meeting her two puppies. They are little bundles of energy!

IMG_0698

I also got to play with her Rio Grande spinning wheel. It is a beautiful wheel, but it is very different to spin on than my Matchless. I definitely need more practice.



And I was able to fit in some running. It happened to be the weekend of the Route 66 Marathon, and some of my friends were doing a relay. They needed someone to run the 6K (3.7 miles) leg, which was just my speed. It was a beautiful morning for a run. Our team came in just under 4 hours with a time of 3:59:23. Speedy!

IMG_0702

It was a great weekend.

Back on the home front, I'm going to start sleeping with one eye open:

Is your cat plotting to kill you?

But how could this innocent looking kitty be plotting to kill me?

IMG_0691

Well, maybe not so innocent looking...

IMG_0692

Yep, sleeping with one eye open. I can't be distracted by cute pink nose and fluffy face.

IMG_0693

1 comment:

TheRascalKing said...

I can just see the caption on the kitty pictures reading, "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."