Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Are You Tired of Me Yet?

I recently rekindled this blog to promote my fundraiser, and have realized how much I really enjoy blogging. I do a lot of writing professionally, which I love, but the blog gives me the opportunity to be a little more free with my writing. No promises, but I plan on blogging more often from now on, even after the fundraising is over. So stick with me!

I have a special "infomercial" edition of The Knit Girllls to share with you. Laura gives a few more details about her donation (she'll be giving several skeins of LaLaKnits yarn is special edition colorways!) and Leslie shows off the options you'll have if you're the lucky winner of socks handknit by her. I love these girls.



Inspired to donate now? Click here, select Denver, then Team Cupcake Mafia and Team member Lynn Zimmerman.

If that doesn't tempt you, I received another awesome prize donation! Melissa (aka Meliabella on Ravelry and Plurk), the owner of Keegan Lane Yarns has offered a 420 yd. skein of her hand dyed Toasty Sock in a color way of the winner's choice with a matching stitch marker. Here are some examples of her gorgeous yarn...





YUM!

Remember, for every $5 you donate, you get one entry into the drawing for all of the prizes except for the handknit socks. For the handknit socks, make a $25 donation and you'll receive one entry for that drawing (but 5 for the other prizes!), and then additional entries for both the socks and the rest of the prizes every $5 you donate. You can see the other prizes here and here. This weekend, I'm going to put all of this information on one page so it will be easy to find.

Again, thank you so much to everyone who has supported my efforts to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. This is the first time I've every done a fundraiser like this and I have been amazed by the generosity. I think I'm having as much fun doing the fundraising as I will competing in the Denver Oyster. Every dollar we raise helps make the dreams of sick kids come true!

No comments: