Saturday, August 25, 2012

We did it!

Just a short post to share that Team Cupcake Mafia survived the Denver Oyster today! It was another fantastic race and we were carried to the finish line by everyone who has supported our efforts to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Colorado. The best part of the day was the announcement that our final total was $16,010! When we arrived at the race, our total was $15,920. I was chatting with a volunteer from Make A Wish and mentioned that we were only $80 away from $16K and he went over to the check-in table and made the donation that took us over the top. Obviously, generosity is contagious. Together, we have raised enough money to make at least three wishes come true. I can't say thank you enough!

Now for a few logistics. If you donated on Friday, your pattern code will be sent out very soon. Laura created 500 pattern codes at the very beginning of the fundraiser - we both though that would be more than enough. Well, we ran out. She's working on getting new ones created and I'll get them out to you ASAP.

I will hold the drawing for the amazing prizes sometime this week and I and the rest of the prize donors will get them sent out soon after. I'll post the winners on this blog and I'll also email the winners.

If you have any questions, please contact me at lynnazimmerman AT mac DOT com or send me a private message on Ravelry. I'm LynnZimm there.




No comments: