Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yarn!

I have been trying to take full advantage of having the Schacht Matchless live with me this week. I finally (it seemed to take forever) finished spinning 4 oz of Merino that was dyed by the Yarn Wench in her Flaming Pie colorway. I was trying for fingering weight to make a pair of socks, but I think I ended up with about 500 yards of lace weight. I'm still really proud of it and I think it will make a gorgeous lace scarf. I think the yarn is better suited for a scarf anyway. It wouldn't have made a very sturdy pair of socks.

I had to take the photos without the flash because it washed out the color, so it's a bit dark, but it's close.

IMG_0107

See the scary kitty shadow? No yarn is safe in my house.

IMG_0116

IMG_0117

Talk to the paw

IMG_0098

No comments: