Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spinning

I've been extremely happy with my spinning wheel purchase. I haven't had much time to spin this week, but I did manage to finish spinning the superwash merino wool from The Dyeing Arts. It was like butter to work with and I'm really excited about how it came out. It is approx. 350 yards of sportweight yarn. I think it's going to make a gorgeous pair of socks!

IMG_0155

IMG_0167

IMG_0166

I've also been working on a scarf out of some merino I spun during my spinning class. It's the first time I've actually knitted with my handspun. The pattern is the Lace Ribbon Scarf from the Spring 2008 Knitty.

IMG_0176

I absolutely love how the color changes are so dramatic. It is a great pattern to show off handspun.

IMG_0177

On my wheel right now, I'm attempting to get laceweight out of 3.5 oz of superwash merino from Perchance to Knit. The colorway is Rainbow Black.

IMG_0179

This morning my builder had people out planting things in front of my house. Itlooks like I'm getting a tree and a variety of shrubs, perennials and decorative grasses. The pots have been sitting on the side of my townhouse for a while, so right now most of them look dead. I'm hoping we'll get a little rain to help them perk up a bit.

At least I know they were well supervised.

IMG_0172

Finally, a look at how cute the yarn-eating kitten is.
IMG_0148

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your spinning is absolutely gorgeous! :-)

TheRascalKing said...

That scarf has a really unique color to it. You're always making the neatest things.

Pixie said...

Your spinning really looks great!!!