Congratulations to everyone who has won a prize! I wish I had a prize for everyone. I've listed the names of the prize winners in bold by each prize. If you won something, I will send you an email to confirm your address. I have started sending out the email messages tonight and will finish sending them out Thursday night.
Thanks to everyone who made a donation to Make-A-Wish, donated a prize and promoted the fundraiser on their podcast, blog and Ravelry. This has been an amazing summer and thanks to all of you, at least two seriously ill children will have their wishes granted soon!
So let's get this started...my assistant is ready!
1. Terri Soles An amazing and absolutely gorgeous My Wish Shawl kit with two skeins of Tempted Lil Luxe Grrl in Frigid and Moonlight hand-dyed by my wonderful friend Stacy (who lets me play with her dyes when I come to visit her!) This is the yarn and colorways used in the original My Wish Shawl. Lil Luxe Grrl is 80% SW Merino/10% Cashmere/10% Nylon.
2. Susan Pandorf A copy of the extremely talented Wendy Johnson's new book Wendy Knits Lace, personalized for the winner by Wendy.
3. Heather Nordquist Art Yarn handspun by one of our favorite Knit Girllls Laura.
4. Ulli Schober A project bag handmade by Denise (Deknits). (photo to come)
4. Loreen Vaughn A project bag handmade by Denise (Deknits).
5. Peggy Latham A project bag handmade by Sharon (SeashoreSharon).
6. Jessica Gutoski A project bag handmade by Sharon (SeashoreSharon).
7. Linda Sirbuly A project bag handmade by the Piddleloop Sewing Team, Jen and Wendy.
8. Kathleen Clemente 3,040 yards of a gorgeous, the photo doesn't do it justice, handpainted pale gray laceweight yarn donated by Rachel from Dyeabolical Yarns and Fibers.
9. Robin Diebold Three colorful cotton dishcloths hand knit by Cathie in the Starburst pattern. Once you've used a hand knit dishcloth, you'll never want to use anything else.
10. Heather Pacheco A skein of the super-popular self-striping two-stripe yarn in Sheena from Lisa aka Fibernymph on her Squoosh base (75/25 SW Merino/Nylon)
11. Crystal Baker Another skein of awesome self-striping two-stripe yarn in the Mint Chocolate Chip colorway from Fibernymph on her Squoosh base (75/25 SW Merino/Nylon).
12. Nora Maginnis A gorgeous skein of hand-dyed merino/tencel yarn from Heidi at Fibermorphosis.
13. Belinda Gritter A beautiful hand-knit shawlette by Bev (paletpc). It's the Maika pattern knit in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in The Incredible Shrinking Violet colorway.
14. Deborah Palmer Another gorgeous hand-knit shawl by Bev. It's the Charlotte's Web Shawl pattern, knit in Koigu. It's absolutely stunning.
15. Sharon Hepler A set of my very favorite stitch markers (RAINBOW!) in the whole wide world hand made by by dealer - um, I mean my friend and Rhinebeck roommate, Rose-Marie from Beagin Design.
16. Tina Robbins A set of my very favorite stitch markers (RAINBOW!) in the whole wide world hand made by by dealer - um, I mean my friend and Rhinebeck roommate, Rose-Marie from Beagin Design.
16. Martha Szescila A pattern of the donor's choice (valued up to $10) donated by Wendy from the Knit 1, ♡ too podcast.
17. Joan Gammill A skein of Wollmeise 80/20 in the Aquarius colorway, donated by Wendy's partner in crime on the Knit 1, ♡ too podcast, Sheila. Sheila's son had a wish granted several years ago by Make A Wish and she has offered to share her family's story with us in a future blog post.
18. Pat Ferguson A beautiful Summer Swatch Scarf hand knit by Chrystal. The scarf is knit in oh so soft Malabrigo Lace in the Cognac colorway.
19. Elisabeth Dalen Two skeins of Sock Hop Yarn from Crown Mountain Farms in the Free Bird colorway donated by Tonia.
20. Annelena Mattison A pattern of the donor's choice (up to a $10 value) donated by Erin from the MommyNeedsYarn videocast.
21. Ascension Olivas A skein of Wollmeise 100% SW Merino in the Maus Jung Colorway, donated by Diane from the Knitabulls Audio Podcast and Video podcast.
22. Becky Haagsma A gorgeous hand knit Little Shells shawl knitted in Sundara Silk Sport yarn, donated by Diane from the Knitabulls Audio Podcast and Video podcast.
23. Carin Boelman Megan has donated a 4 oz. bag of Hello Yarn Polwarth fiber in a gorgeous club colorway, Cauldron. You can see a photo of it by clicking here. Not a spinner? I'll work with the winner and spin the fiber into yarn.
24. Laura Linneman Megan has donated another 4 oz. bag of Hello Yarn Polwarth fiber in a gorgeous club colorway, Cauldron. You can see a photo of it by clicking here. Not a spinner? I'll work with the winner and spin the fiber into yarn.
25. My teammate and little sister (and mom to Hazel!) has donated a handmade clutch like this one pictured below. She will work with the winner to select the perfect fabric from her stash and if you'd like it to be a clutch or with a strap to make it a wristlet.
26. Veronica Karner My mom, who is the person who steered me down the crafty pathway, loves quilting as much as I love knitting, spinning and weaving. She donated this beautiful quilted table runner, which is a perfect accent for your summer table.
27. Martha Hulse I have had the pleasure this summer of taking a shawl class from Cheryl Oberle, who is a knitting designer and teacher. She also is a talented dyer. Cheryl has donated a signed copy of her book, Folk Shawls and two skeins of her 55/45 mohair/merino DK weight yarn in the Azurine colorway. Each skein is 490 yards so this is plenty of yarn to make one of the shawls from her book!
28. Linda Ford Stephen (SOWaters on Ravelry) has donated a beautiful Lala's Simple Shawl that he made from Malabrigo Silky Merino in the Turquoise colorway. This shawl will be a perfect accessory for the winter (or if you work in an office as cold as mine - the perfect accessory for the summer!)
29. Sara Stewart Carin has generously donated the My Wish Shawl she test knit using her handspun and Wollmeise. Here is a photo of this gorgeous shawl.
30. Cathie Jones Polwarth from Woolgatherings. This is the January 2011 club colorway.
31. Patricia Hobbs Polwarth in the Fairplay Vineyards colorway dyed by Forest Fiberworks
32. Renee Beard SW Merino dyed by PoppyFlowerFibers
33. Mary Martz BFL dyed by Spunky Eclectic in Thermograph
34. Stephanie Burke And for the Dr. Who fans, Oatmeal BFL from Southern Cross Fibre in Time Lord.
Donations of $30 and up
1. Ruth Velasco-Schmitz Leslie from The Knit Girllls has once again offered to donate a pair of custom-fit hand knit socks in the pattern of the winner's choice from any skein of yarn in her Ravelry stash! If you've never worn a pair of hand knit socks, you don't know what you're missing, and if you've ever knit a pair of socks, you know what an incredible prize this is. Leslie will work with the winner to determine the pattern and the yarn.
2. Luise Erdmann 3 Skeins of Wollmeise donated by Leslie from The Knit Girllls.
The red skein is Granatapfel in the Twin base and the other two skeins are Orient (an exclusive club colorway!) and Cassis in the 100% SW base.
3. Susan Connelly A skein of Wollmeise Lacegarn and skein of 100% SW Merino sock yarn. Both are We're Different colorways - the red is WD Vamp and WD Wasserratz.
Congratulations to those who won these wonderful prizes and thank you again to everyone who made a donation. I can't wait until next year!